Video: Borneo from Below on Sipadan
Three Sisters management plan seeks user input
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has asked for consultation on another new proposed management plan for the Three Sister’s Springs, Florida. The new proposal is draconian for image makers. There is a consultation period, with the Fish and Wildlife Service soliciting email responses on the new plan. The deadline to have your voice heard is 4 September.
Video: Wild Oceans from the Phi Phi Islands
The latest edition of Earth Touch’s Wild Oceans channel was shot in the Phi Phi Islands Marine Reserve in the Andaman Sea, Thailand. It features footage of a pair of mating leopard sharks and a cuttlefish laying her eggs. There’s also a rare glimpse of a tiger-tail seahorse and some bizarre pufferfish behaviour.
Fantasea announces housing for Sony RX100 IV
Fantasea has announced a housing for the Sony RX100 IV compact camera. It features access to all camera controls and is shipping with a leak detector installed as standard.
Fantasea ships new video lights
Fantasea has announced two new 2500 lumen video lights. The Radiant Pro 2500 has adjustable outputs in wide, spot, red, UV, blue and flashing modes and burns for about 50 minutes at full power. The Radiant 2500 has 3 step power adjustment and a flashing mode with the same burn time.
2015 Monterey Shootout winners announced
Ask the Pros: Housing Maintenance
Call for registration: BIUPC 2015
The British & Irish Underwater Photography Championship is calling for entrants for the 2015 contest. It requires all contestants to submit images taken on 5 September anywhere within UK and Irish waters. Registration can be completed online, with a deadline for doing so of 28 August.
- Photos Leaked for Latest Sony NEX (via DivePhotoGuide)
- February Monthly Contest Reminder (via DivePhotoGuide)
- AUDIO: Bee deaths ‘not down to pesticides’ (via BBC)
- DEEP Indonesia Competition Deadline Approaching (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Earliest mammal ancestor pinpointed (via BBC)
- Tortugas Marine Reserve Increases Fish Population (via DivePhotoGuide)
- WWF to Use Drones to Stop Poachers (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Porpoise protection ‘insufficient’ (via BBC)
- The Bite of Justice: Man Sentenced for Killing Shark (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Underwater Video with an iPhone (via DivePhotoGuide)