Google expands street view to include 40 more underwater locations
Google Street View has added 40 new locations around the world to their catalog of underwater locations just in time for World Oceans Day on June 8, 2015. Street View has worked in partnership with XL carlin Seaview Survey, NOAA’s office of National Marine Sanctuaries and the Chagos Conservation Trust. The locations include American Samoa, Bali, Bahamas and the Great Barrier Reef.
Norbert Wu’s Favorite Images: Monterey
In this week’s episode of underwater photographer Norbert Wu’s favorite images column, he talks about his return to diving in Monterey Bay and an image of a juvenile crab in a pelagic jellyfish (Pelagia colorata) that he shot with a Nikonos equipped withe extension tubes.
Happy World Oceans Day 2015
TTRobotix launches the Seawolf underwater drone
Video: Flying mobulas
Article: Avoiding data loss
FIX ships their Neo Mini 1000 SW video light
FIX is shipping their 1000 lumen Neo Mini SW video light. Offering both 25° spot and 95° wide modes, the light has externally rechargeable swappable batteries and its output can be controlled in 25% increments.
Behind the Shot: Harry Stone
Harry Stone posted a fantastic shot of some blacktip sharks at the surface on Wetpixel’s Facebook page in the past few days. Here is the story behind how he got it.
- Instagram Photo Feeds Now on the Web (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Photos Leaked for Latest Sony NEX (via DivePhotoGuide)
- February Monthly Contest Reminder (via DivePhotoGuide)
- AUDIO: Bee deaths ‘not down to pesticides’ (via BBC)
- DEEP Indonesia Competition Deadline Approaching (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Earliest mammal ancestor pinpointed (via BBC)
- Tortugas Marine Reserve Increases Fish Population (via DivePhotoGuide)
- WWF to Use Drones to Stop Poachers (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Porpoise protection ‘insufficient’ (via BBC)
- The Bite of Justice: Man Sentenced for Killing Shark (via DivePhotoGuide)