Sony ships 90mm macro lens
Behind the scenes of Von Wong’s photo shoot 30m deep
Issue 67 of X-Ray Mag available
X-Ray Magazine issue 67 is now available to download. It features Kurt Amsler’s images and story about the birth of a sperm whale as well as articles about Diving Papua New Guinea’s Witu Islands & Fathers Reefs, the Medes Islands of Spain’s Costa Brava, Austria’s Traunsee, the Thousand Islands of St. Lawrence River.
Sealux announces housing for Sony FS7
Sealux has announced a housing for the Sony PXW-FS7 4K Super 35mm XDCAM camera. It is compatible with the built-in LCD monitor or, if it is used with an external monitor, the housing can be downsized. The housing offers full manual control and access to the camera’s right hand keypad.
New book: Glass and Water by Mark Harris
Mark Harris has authored a book specifically aimed at capturing images underwater while freediving. Glass and Water covers both using and adapting both freediving and photographic equipment, techniques specific to breath hold photography and a series of images created by eminent photographers. The last section includes the author’s “Virtual Dive” which “pulls together everything covered in the book”.
Canon announces lens compatibility for 5DS and 5DS R
UwP Magazine issue 85 available
Underwater Photography Magazine (UwP) has just released issue 85. The July/August edition features Phil Rudin’s thoughts on Ikelite’s EM5, Fantasea’s G7X housings as well as Ikelite’s Fluorescence filters. Dan Bolt reviews the Aquatica E-M1 housing and Marco Montocchio the FIX Neo 3000. Jo Tepper writes about photographing turtles and Cristophe Mason-Parker about crown of thorns starfish.
Ask the Pros: Split shots
Each month on Wetpixel we ask the pro shooters from our community for their input on an article about a topic that many underwater shooters have enquired about. This month’s topic is all about capturing split or over/under images or footage. These shots are amongst the most sought after, partly because they re very commercial, and partly as they are very challenging to do well! Our pro has excelled themselves and produced what is probably the most comprehensive volume of information on capturing the perfect split shot.
- The bug-hunters finding new species in their spare time (via BBC)
- Seafood Restaurant Fines Customers for Wasted Food (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Drug residues ‘alter fish behaviour’ (via BBC)
- Disabled Loggerhead Turtle Gets Prosthetic Fins (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Nauticam Announces NA-G15 Housing (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Australia's Shark Fin Appetite (via DivePhotoGuide)
- BBC Slideshow: Taking the Best Wildlife Shots (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Five Reasons to Love Underwater Photography on Valentine’s Day (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Will the Frankenfish get FDA Approval? (via DivePhotoGuide)
- In Pictures: National Nest Box Week (via BBC)