Olympus launches flagship OM-D E-M1 camera
Olympus has announced details of its new OM-D E-M1 flagship mirrorless camera. It has a 16 Megapixel Live MOS sensor with version VII of the TruePic image processor and Olympus claims superior AF performance due to its DUAL FAST AF system, which uses either phase or contrast detection depending on what lens is fitted. Lastly, it has a full magnification electronic viewfinder.
Hiking an Austrian trail . . . underwater
Every summer in Tragoess, Austria snowmelt fills Green Lake lake forty-feet higher and creates an underwater hike for divers. The impossibly clear waters reveal submerged benches, trails, trees and bridges and make for a unique scuba destination.
Sealux releases housing for Lumix GH3
Sealux has released details of their housing for the Panasonic Lumix GH3 mirrorless camera. The CSGH3 gives access to most camera functions, and can be fitted with an (optional) HDMI bulkhead. The company has designed a new camera saddle to allow for a precise fit, and flash synchronization is available via fiber optic ports.
Image: Tonga humpback and diver
Image: Snapping shrimp
Wetpixel member Jeffrey de Guzman (tankado) has submitted an image of a snapping shrimp, tentatively identified as Synalpheus neomeris. Apparently, not much is known about this species beyond that, in common with many other coral symbionts, they seem to eat mucus secreted by soft corals, thus also ingesting all organic particles trapped within it.
Rumor: Nikon developing an underwater camera
Dive and See housing for Atomos Ninja
Sony presents the PXW-Z100 4K pro camcorder
- Another shark deterrent wetsuit (via )
- 8 arrested for sea turtle smuggling (via )
- Nikon releases distortion data update for its SLR cameras (via )
- Dead stingrays on Mexican beach investigated (via )
- Lenstag looks to put an end to camera theft (via )
- Ocean leaders write to protect Antarctica’s ocean (via )
- Seagulls attack and kill whales in Argentina (via )
- Photo of the day is a split shot of manatees (via )
- Video of deepest diving pool on earth (via )
- Sony RX1R review: “Better than medium format” (via )