View from a Blue Moon premieres
Surfer John Florence and Director Blake Vincent Kueny are releasing the first surf film that has been filmed entirely in 4K resolution. “View from a Blue Moon” features footage of Florence and others surfing around the globe and has been described as “possibly the most exquisite surf movie ever made”.
Alan C Egan: Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus but Jupiter has tiger sharks
Photographer and Wetpixel member Alan C Egan has written a short article, accompanied by his images, about tiger shark diving at Jupiter, Florida. The presence of these sharks has only relatively recently been documented, and the reasons for their presence are still largely unknown. They represent a unique photographic subject for divers in Florida.
Adobe releases Lightroom 2015.3/6.3
Adobe has released Lightroom version 2015.3/6.3. Included in this release is local dehaze adjustments and support for several compact and mirrorless cameras, as well as 48 new lenses. It also addresses a list of bugs that were introduced with the ill-fated 2015.2/6.2 release. Perhaps most pertinently, the familiar import experience has been restored, allowing users to continue with their existing workflows.
Results: Open Fotosub Tenerife Güímar 2015
Results of Por el Planeta contest announced
Merging Lightroom catalogs tutorial on Adobe Blogs
Sea&Sea ships RDX-750D housing
Sea&Sea are shipping their new RDX housing for the Canon EOS Rebel T6i/750D. Manufactured from polycarbonate, the housing gives access to all the camera’s “essential” controls and can be equipped with the company’s 180° optical viewfinder. Strobe triggering us vis two fiber optic ports.
Video: Dancing cuttlefish eggs
- Swimming with sharks off Oahu, Hawaii (via )
- NG photo of the day Orcas by Paul Nicklen (via )
- 33 year-old orca dies after a lifetime in captivity (via )
- Japan to resume Antarctic whaling later this… (via )
- Tiger shark steals underwater camera rig (via )
- Sony releases firmware updates for α7, α7R, α7S and α6000 (via )
- Adobe Camera RAW 9.1 available (via )
- Lightroom 6 updated to version 6.1 (via )
- Deep sea corals win protection in the Atlantic (via )
- Video review of the Sony a7R II (via )