Call for Entries: SDUFEX 2017
Season 2 of Tales by Light on Netflix
Season 2 of Tales by Light will be released on Netflix on 21 April. Filmed in conjunction with Canon Australia and National Geographic Australia, it features an episode about Wetpixel Publisher Eric Cheng, photographing orcas in Norway, anacondas in Brazil and tiger sharks in the Bahamas.
Canon announces C-Log upgrade for EOS 5D Mark IV
Canon has officially announced the much rumoured upgrade for the EOS 5D Mark IV which incorporates Canon Log. The upgrade will be performed by Canon Service Centers from July and will cost $100. Using the new upgrade when shooting video will produce a cinematic look that captures maximum dynamic range and responds well to post processing and color grading.
LaCie provides new storage solutions
Panasonic announces Leica 8-18mm lens
Adobe releases updates to CC video apps
Prior to the 2017 NAB Show, Adobe has announced a series of updates to its CC video apps. Premiere Pro, Media Encoder, After Effects and Audition all benefit from workflow and feature enhancements. The updates are free to Creative Cloud subscribers via the CC update mechanism or from the CC website.
Sony announces the α9 full frame mirrorless camera
Sony has announced the α9 full frame mirrorless camera. It features a 24.2 MP 35mm full-frame stacked Exmor RS™ CMOS sensor with a BIONZ X processing engine giving a native ISO range of 100 – 51200. It has a hybrid AF system with a claimed 25% faster performance than that of the α7R II. Video is 4K, with the camera using full pixel readout without pixel binning to collect 6K of information, oversampling it to produce 4K footage.
Florida manatee moved off the endangered species list
The Florida manatee has been moved off the endangered species list. Late last month the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service announced that the status of the Florida manatee will be upgraded from endangered to “threatened”. The Florida population of manatees have rebounded from 5,000 to 6,620 recorded in February of this year. (Image from Shutterstock)
- The first periscope live video taken underwater (via )
- Nikon announces shipping of D5600 to USA in January (via )
- What a double rainbow looks like with different lenses (via )
- Sphere turns a dSLR into a 360-camera (via )
- Olympus updates E-M1 firmware to version 4.3 (via )
- Canon updates firmware for C300 and C300 Mark II (via )
- Adobe announces touch bar support for Photoshop CC (via )
- RED Weapon and iPhone 7 video comparison (via )
- 7.8 earthquake in Solomon Islands, no damage reported (via )
- Underwater photography of Lake Tahoe (via )