Inon announces 5 degree LED flashlight
Inon has just announced the release of the LF-800 N, a super narrow beamed LED flashlight (5 degrees). The flashlight runs on 3 AA batteries and has a maximum output of 800 lumens.
Optical corrector port tests posted in forum
Season’s greeting from Wetpixel
Wetpixel wishes each and every one of you a festive holiday season, and a very happy 2015. We hope that you get all the underwater imaging products that you want as gifts, and that your dives in 2015 will be safe, feature amazing creatures and offer amazing photographic opportunities. Thank you to all of you for your amazing support and interest in Wetpixel in 2014!
Ikelite announces 67mm lens holder
Ikelite has announced their new 67mm lens holder. This can be attached to their Ball Arm Extension Mark II and provides a convenient place to “park” 67mm threaded wet lenses when they are not in use. They can be attached singly or “back to back” so that two lenses can be attached simultaneously.
RIP PJ Dunick
It is with great regret and sadness that we have to write that PJ Dunick, crew member on the Bahamas liveaboard Dolphin Dream, was killed in a free diving accident last Monday. Wetpixel sends our thoughts and prayers to his family, friend and loved ones. A gofundme page has been set up to assist PJ’s family with the funeral and repatriation costs.
DEEP Indonesia is calling for entries
Our World Underwater contest 2015 is open for entries
Wetpixel and our partners, DivePhotoGuide, are proud to announce that they are now accepting entries for the 2015 Our World Underwater Contest. In its tenth year the contest is, together with the DEEP Indonesia Contest, seen as the pinnacle of achievement for those that are placed in them. The deadline for entries is 8 February 2015.
Video: Orcas at play
The Smithsonian Channel has featured filmmaker Dave Rigg’s stunning footage of orcas (Orcinus orca) apparently playing around his boat. Captured using a innovative tow camera at the Bremer Canyon, a deepwater ecosystem in which offshore orcas can be reliably encountered throughout the Australian summer months.
- Underwater landslide and earthquake triggered 2011 tsunami (via )
- 5 swimmers pulled from water after encounter with aggressive… (via )
- October issue of DIVE magazine available to download (via )
- Incredible close-up drone footage of a volcano in Iceland (via )
- 35,000 walrus come ashore in NW Alaska (via )
- Panasonic releases firmware update for GH4 (via )
- Silent divers count more fish (via )
- Canon updates DPP, EOS Movie, EOS Utility and Picture Style… (via )
- Six production companies get ok from FAA to use drones (via )
- Canon USA releases guide to AF on 7D Mark II (PDF) (via )